Thursday, June 12, 2008

I'm ba-a-a-a-a-a-ck!

And while I was away, I got a little ESPN cred! From a Jayson Stark blog post:

• And loyal reader Patrick Donnelly noticed something cool about Twins starter Nick Blackburn's season. In back-to-back starts last month, he beat both World Series teams, the Red Sox and Rockies. But thanks to the miracle of interleague play, that also happened just last year, according to Elias. The last man to do it: Jamie Moyer, by beating the Tigers on June 16 and then the Cardinals six days later. Nevertheless, the fact that all of this stuff unfurled, in real non-fictionalized life, is just one more reason baseball is the greatest sport there is. Don't you think?

OK, it's pretty nerdy of me to be excited about this, but hey, I'm pretty much a nerd when it comes to baseball.

1 comment:

RJ said...

Nicely done! I'm sure it will next show up in Shooter's column now saying something like, "Hardly anyone noticed, but Nick Blackburn..."

Welcome back.