Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Sore

So I started up with a personal trainer on Monday. I'm going to be subjecting myself to her torture (I mean she's going to work me out) three days a week, one hour per session, for the foreseeable future.

We started on Monday with core-strengthening exercises -- crunches, step-ups, and a lot of balance-type drills that focus on keeping your core muscles tight. So, of course, I'm sore today. Very, very sore. But it's a good kind of sore -- the kind that you get when you've used your body in a different way than you're used to, and in the way that it was meant to be used.

I'm sure it'll eventually abate -- probably just in time to get drilled again on Thursday. But that's just part of the process. I'm not a big "no-pain-no-gain" guy, but I accept the fact that there will be plenty of discomfort in my immediate future. And that's OK, because too much comfort is what got me here in the first place.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dear LORD! becareful of your knee!

Anonymous said...

Mr. Donnelly! Congratulations and I do echo "Anonymous." I recall one of your last scopes here in MN.

Thurbs and I will be going to see Neko Case at 1st Ave. this month - we'll give you a full report.

I don't see the Colts going 0-2, do you? Sigh.

Go Twins!!!

PS - Nice write-ups on ESPN.com!