Friday, September 19, 2008

Week 3: Hope-I'm-Wrong NFL Parlay

I don't like to include the Vikings in my parlay, because if I bet against them I'm rooting against my team, and if I bet on them and they lose, I'm doubly crushed. But sometimes the numbers and the circumstances make it impossible to pass up.

So with that in mind, here's the 5-team parlay for Week 3:

  • Redskins -3.5 vs. Arizona -- Team Zorn righted itself last week against New Orleans, and the Cards haven't started 3-0 since the first month of the Ford Administration.
  • Redskins-Cardinals over 42.5 -- Three of their last four have gone over, all of them in D.C.
  • Panthers +3.5 at Minnesota -- I can't see the Vikings stopping Steve Smith. Maybe Gus can keep it close. Ideally, the Vikings will win by a field goal.
  • Eagles-Steelers over 44.5 -- Two great offenses will be on display in the Keystone State.
  • Jets +9.5 at San Diego -- The Chargers are hurting. No Merriman, gimpy Tomlinson, Norv Turner still the head coach. Favre will find a way to keep the Jets in the game if not win it outright.
Last week: 1-3-1
Season: 4-5-1

No comments: