Saturday, January 31, 2009

Back in the saddle

This week I took a big step. I successfully convinced the editors of the Las Vegas Weekly to accept the idea of a semi-regular sports column, penned by yours truly. This reminds me of the heyday of Channel 4000, when I wrote a weekly column -- unpaid -- for a full year before the parent company finally decided to bring me on-board full-time.

I won't have as much leeway with this column -- my topics will have to have some sort of local hook, which could entail just about anything since Las Vegas is such a national-interest city, so I'm not complaining, I'm just saying. Anyway, here's the debut:

"Las Vegas has a long and complicated history with the National Football League. In the realm of mutually beneficial yet often dysfunctional relationships of the last half-century, you have Bill and Hillary Clinton, John Lennon and Paul McCartney, Batman and the Joker, Terrell Owens and his ego and Las Vegas and the NFL."

Read more of "The NFL's Secret Lover" ...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on your new column.

exparkrangerguy said...

Congrats!

I would imagine with this new column, you will spend less time blogging and I'll miss that. However, one would think this would be a great opportunity for you.

Could you include a link to the Las Vegas Weekly in your blog so I don't miss any of the columns?

By the way, where are the comments on your music review from that Backroom Linus clown? I remember last year he had numerous comments on that topic!