Friday, September 7, 2007

The inaugural 5-teamer

It's become a tradition since I moved to Vegas two years ago: Because I work at home, I don't have an office pool to enter, so I form my own one-man office pool with a 5-team NFL parlay. It pays 23-to-1, so if I hit it once I'm ahead for the year. And each year, I've hit it exactly once.

Here's the magic formula (I hope) for Week 1:

Steelers -4.5 at Browns
Redskins -2.5 vs. Dolphins
Seahawks -6.5 vs. Bucs
Rams -0.5 vs. Panthers
Patriots/Jets over 40.5

Let's get it started...

3 comments:

RJ said...

I like all four of your picking favorites to cover. I'm a little nervous about your over, as I'm feeling a defensive struggle for the Pats and Jets. But then again I thought last night's game was going to be close, with the Saints getting the points, so what do I know? Good luck!

What's your take on betting on your Vikes? Do you Stay Faraway, So Close?

PDizzle said...

I'll bet the Vikes if I like the number. One of my buddies says to pound the under all year. I just don't know -- the defense could score enough TDs themselves to blow that.

Pats-Jets should go over, with Seymour and Harrison not playing for NE, and the Pats' offensive juggernaut keeping pace. That's my thinking, anyway.

RJ said...

Like I said, what do I know! Boy the Rams bandwagon sure hit a speedbump! Nice effort, PD, going 4-for-5. Go get 'em next week!