Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Back on my feet

Regular readers of WHIH (both of you) might have noticed that I've been missing in action for awhile. I'm glad to say that I am back on my feet after a fight to the death with a particularly nasty virus.

After three days of chills, fever, aches, exhaustion, a hacking cough, a tight chest and a sore throat (I think that's all), I was finally able to get up and check my e-mail, do a little writing and update the blog. I'm not back to full speed yet -- my energy comes and goes, and I still get frequent unwelcome visits from the disgusting little guy on the right.

(By the way, I still say if Mucinex is going to gross us out with their ads, they owe us a spot that ends with the green Archie Bunker phlegm guy lying in the gutter, where he usually ends up in real life. Just sayin' ...)

So, no Monday Morning Meltdown this week, but I'll make it up to you with double the usual posts the rest of the week. So you've got that going for you ... which is nice.

2 comments:

RJ said...

Welcome back, PD!

PDizzle said...

Thanks man -- it's good to be back among the living. I was ready to blast the Sports Guy for going into hiding after his postgame Super Bowl column, but after I read his mailbag post about how he was waylaid by the same malady as yours truly, I have nothing but sympathy for the guy. I think the only thing that could have made this worse would have been coming off a devastating Super Bowl loss for my team.