Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Crap.

One of my favorite monthly magazines -- and a former home to some of my crimes against journalism -- is ceasing publication. The Rake has been folded, with the March issue pegged as its last.

The spirit of The Rake will carry on at rakemag.com (which suddenly becomes an ironic URL), but web-only publications often find themselves in the unenviable out-of-sight, out-of-mind position all too quickly.

There was a lot of good writing at The Rake, and a lot of good people working there. I'll post links to a few of my stories later if they're still in the archive -- but for now, here's a 40 on the virtual curb to my homiez at The Rake. You'll be missed.

1 comment:

Marc Conklin said...

'Tis a sad day, indeed. I remember the mag in the early days (I actually published a one-frame cartoon in the first year of issues, which I've posted on BBS), including the "launch" party at Tom Bartel's Uptown house. I honestly thought they had the model figured out, but I guess not. It will be missed.