Wednesday, July 4, 2007

I'm an iMac-Daddy


I'm writing this post from my brand spankin' new iMac, the first time I've used a Mac since I quit teaching in 1996. I have to say, I'm pretty thrilled. Macs have come a long way since then, while PCs really haven't. Plus I can use Windows on the Mac now, which is important to a fussy old codger who's happy with Microsoft Word and Excel and wouldn't give them up for anything. Yes, I've studied the subject for years, left no stone unturned, researched my options and decided that the iMac was the way to go.

Oh, who am I kidding? I fell for the John Hodgman-Justin Long "Mac-PC" commercials. I'm such a sucker.

1 comment:

RJ said...

On the note of the previous post, perhaps Mac could go the way of Kraft Cheese and resuscitate another early '90s act, Kriss Kross. They could be iMac-Daddy and Daddy-iMac and make us "Jump, Jump!"