Monday, July 9, 2007

Sunday, Mascot Sunday

Everything's been going well so far here at the all-star extravaganza. Had a nice dinner on Saturday night with aunts (Marg and Eme), cousins (Natalie and Ethan) and beautiful baby (Winona). Sunday was spent getting our credentials, kicking around the park and generally getting the lay of the land.

And posing with mascots.

Never really got the masoct thing before we had kids. Now I appreciate them on a whole other level. Plus my buddy Corey has a thing for getting his photo taken with mascots, and he missed the Pirates' parrot when we were in Pittsburgh this spring. So, I'm one up on him now.

The photo with me and Slider (the inexplicably pink Indians mascot) is noteable because it was taken just as I was telling him that we saw him in Cleveland in April when it was about 40 degrees in the sun at gametime. He didn't say anything, but I could feel him shiver. Poor mascot. Even inside those furball suits, it's cold when it's 40 degrees and windy.

As for on-the-field action, the Futures Game was OK, but I bet I'll appreciate it more in about five years when I'll know who these guys are. The Twins' lone prospect, Matt Tolbert, whiffed in his only at-bat I saw.

The celebrity softball game had its moments of levity and action. If you're so inclined, tune in tonight to see Kenny Mayne make a hell of a play, robbing Jimmy Kimmel of a home run (legitimately). He also hosed a runner at third base -- pretty good athlete I guess. Wonder where he went to college?

Anyway, a good time was had by all, and we're off to the park to see some more flying baseballs. Cheers!

1 comment:

Big Primpin' said...

Don't be cappin' on the pink mascot, dood. Cleveland will come after you and set you on fire like the Cuyahoga River.