Thursday, March 6, 2008

The Boss (hearts) Neko

OK, so I stole this link from Simmons, and I'm on record that I'm not necessarily the world's No. 1 Springsteen fan, but I had to post this interview with the Boss because there's a cool feature at the top of the page where you can scroll through what's on his iPod right now.

I like it -- in fact, I think every blogger should have this capability on his or her web site, because I'm one of those guys who heads straight for the CD cabinet when I go to a friend's house for the first time. I firmly believe you can learn more about somebody from what they listen to and what they read than from any other endeavor.

And what did I learn about the Boss from scrolling through his iPod? Predictably, he's got a lot of classic American music on there -- Jimmie Rodgers, Hank Williams, Dylan, Chuck Berry, et al -- but among the newer artists on the list, he's got no fewer than five (5) Neko Case tunes! Sure, they're all from The Tigers Have Spoken, so it's clear somebody needs to get him a copy of Furnace Room Lullaby and/or Fox Confessor Brings the Flood pronto. But it's good to see that the man's got taste.

No comments: