Friday, March 28, 2008

Lawd, I was born a ...

... what was it the brothers Allman sang? Oh yeah, a Travelin' Man. Aspen you know about. Tucson you do not. Atlanta either.

I got a chance to land some key interviews on Tuesday for an upcoming story on the Colorado Rockies, so I high-tailed it to Tucson on Monday night. It ended up being much cheaper to drive than fly so I put 800 miles on the ride (just a week after putting 1300 miles on it from the Aspen round trip), spent about 7.5 hours in a hotel room in Tempe and another 5 hours at the ballpark before returning home 28 hours after I'd left. But I got the interviews, so there.

On Friday I fly out to Atlanta to meet Mrs. Gopher, who is running in the local half-marathon, her second such feat of epic physical prowess. Needless to say, I'm very proud of her. I also get to visit old friend Corey and meet his new gal, and we're going to take in the Braves-Pirates game on Monday, the 2008 home opener at Turner Field. Wow, baseball is upon us already. You know what that means -- daily Twins posts! Or something like that.

Carry on.

No comments: